Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Sunshine: Avicii Ft. David Guetta


They say that listening to the same tune and/or beat can trigger insanity in a human being... Well, if that's the case then I am about one incredibly underwhelming beat away from rocking back and forth in a straitjacket.
Sunshine, from Swedish House DJ Avicii and highly acclaimed DJ/Producer David Guetta, features nothing but the same mind-numbingly repetitive beat for the entirety if the song...layer upon layer....for 6 minutes (which for me, was time spent that I will unfortunately never be able to reclaim).

Usually my tolerance for the repetitive nature of anything and everything that is house music is quite high. I would even go so far a to say that I genuinely enjoy the feeling of getting lost in the layers of fresh and unique beats that meld together to form an exciting buildup for the next fearsome beat just waiting to be dropped in the next few seconds. To my disappointment however, Sunshine lacks all such qualities. The song comprises of unoriginal sounds that have been played and revisited million times before, only to lead up to a painfully anti-climatic build up. I credit this to the fact that once you are told to put your hands in the air, you're going to be too busy trying to stop your hands from pressing the the 'close button' on your media player.

For a track that's sole purpose is to excite and intrigue House lovers and club-goers alike, performed by two otherwise talented artists who are both considered to be credits to the genre, Sunshine is a disappointing letdown. I award this track with 1 star, purely out of respect for the past works of both Avicii and David Guetta that have not made me certifiable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment